The data controller:
Open Door Recruitment Ltd is the data controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquiries about our products, services and when registering as a client or candidate. Our full postal address is: –
Open Door Recruitment, Unit 1A Enterprise House, 41 Reading Road, Pangbourne, Berkshire RG8 7HY
What we collect:
Open Door Recruitment Ltd may collect your personal and sensitive personal data such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details, e-mail address and sensitive personal information obtained from your CV such as criminal convictions and ethnic origin. We collect only the information necessary to be able to find available opportunities for you.
How we collect your data:
Open Door Recruitment will collect data directly from you. We will collect the data when you deal with Open Door Recruitment by email, by telephone, via our website, in person or by the submission of your CV to a job application. We may also receive your information through publicly available sources such as LinkedIn.
What we use your information for:
First and foremost, we will use the data you have supplied to help you obtain the best service for you. We also require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: –
- Internal record-keeping.
- To provide a recruitment service and facilitate the recruitment process.
- To contact you via email, SMS or phone, about potential vacancies that we believe you may be interested in using the email/contact number which you have provided. We will not use your email for general speculative marketing emails/mailshots
- Maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website as a client or candidate.
- To assess/match your data against live vacancies which we believe may be suitable for you.
- To send initial information to clients for potential jobs or to assess suitability for the role. (contact name, job role and experience) We will obtain full consent before presenting your details to a client.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- To answer your questions or enquiries
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal references checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills test. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Open Door Recruitment Ltd.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Open Door Recruitment Ltd.
- The personal and sensitive personal information you provide us may be sent to clients and third parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will take reasonable steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your data for as long as there is either a statutory requirement for us to do so or to be able to provide a service to you. This will usually require us to retain your personal data after any business relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes and to deal with any account support questions.
Client data – 4 years
Candidate data – 4 years
Who do we share your personal data with?
Your personal date is shared with the client who are in search of personnel. Once a role has been discussed in full, with your permission we will forward your CV which will include your name, job role experience and education. If you are chosen by the client to proceed further in the interview process, or are successful in securing the permanent role, we may require additional personal information from you to then pass on to the client.
Keeping your personal data up to date:
Open Door Recruitment Ltd take reasonable steps to ensure your data is accurate and up to date. We may contact you occasionally to check your data is up to date. Please inform Open Door Recruitment Ltd of any changes to your details in order for us to maintain the accuracy of information held on you. If you believe any of the information Open Door Recruitment Ltd holds about you is not accurate or up to date we will take reasonable steps to correct it
Transfer of your data outside of the EEA:
The personal data Open Door Recruitment Ltd collects from you may be transferred outside of the EEA. Such transfers will only occur where they are a necessary part of the recruitment service Open Door Recruitment Ltd provides for you eg: where you apply for a vacancy or position outside of the EEA or where the transfer is authorised by law. By provided personal data you agree your data may be transferred outside the EEA in such circumstances.
Open Door Recruitment Ltd and/or the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data may store your personal data on a server overseas. By provided personal data you agree your data may be transferred to servers located overseas.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – European Representative:
Pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Open Door Recruitment Ltd has appointed European Data Protection Office (EDPO) as its GDPR Representative in the EU. You can contact EDPO regarding matters pertaining to the GDPR:
- By using EDPO’s online request form – https://edpo.com/gdpr-data-request/
- By writing to EDPO at Avenue Huart Hamoir 71, 1030 Brussels, Belgium.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Including recording of file movements, auditing procedures, security systems and locks, virus checking, computer passwords and limited access to shared networks.
Our services are hosted in a secure UK data centres. Our hosting partners are all ISO 27001 certified and meet the requirements of GDPR. They are bound by detailed security policies with many detailed stringent data policies in place.
We access this information over a TLS/SSL connection and all traffic to and from our database is encrypted in transit.
We undertake regular vulnerability scans of our website and services to ensure your data is safe.
Your rights to your information:
- You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may affect the services we are able to supply you. We will respond to any request within 1 month
Where Open Door Recruitment Ltd is the data controller you are entitled to the following subject to some legal exemptions: –
- Request a copy of the personal information of which you are the data subject
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place restrictions on us processing your data
- to object to processing
- to request your data to be ported (data portability)
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For more information on your rights please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
If you have any questions about this policy or about your personal information, and would like to request a copy of the information we hold please contact: Caroline Keable, Open Door Recruitment Ltd Tel: +44(0) 1189 767310 Email: email@example.com